Terms & conditions.
This booking agreement is adhered to under English Law.
- Cancellations. In the event of the party/booking being rendered impossible - by reason of flood, earthquake, hurricane, war or civil strife, industrial disturbance, strike, fire or hospitalisation - will the cancellation be accepted.
- In the event of cancellation of the party/booking by the client except as provided in clause above the fee will be paid as follows: Less than 14 days 100% fee to be paid. More than 14 days- Non-refundable booking fee retained.
- The Client agrees to pay for any accidents or injuries caused by the client, clients’ guests and/or pets, and/or any damage to artist’s equipment or supplies caused by the client, clients’ guests and/or pets.
- £ (50% ) non refundable booking fee is paid at time of booking or within 7 days - either by cash (personal delivery only), Direct Bank Transfer or paypal.
- Corporate bookings please speak to NKALKAfacepainters for details.
- Your booking will be held for 4 DAYS from initial verbal agreement without a booking fee.
- Please leave a space open as close to the site as possible, or in the driveway, so the face painter/artist can unload heavy equipment.
- If the face painter/artist is unavailable to work due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance the deposit and any paid balance will be refunded in full if a replacement face painter cannot be arranged.
- The face painter/artist is not liable for allergic reactions to paints.
- Children with skin allergies or sensitive skin should either not participate, or have the face painter/artist perform a skin test at the beginning of the event.
- For safety reasons, face painters are not required to paint children under the age of 3, it is at their sole discretion and the face painter’s decision is final.
- For sanitary reasons the face painter/artist will not paint anyone who is or appears to be suffering from; cold sores, conjunctivitis, any infectious skin condition, eczema or open wounds.
- The face painter/artist will start working at the time stated and leave at time stated. A setting up period and packing away period will be allowed for by the face painter/artist.
- Artist can paint around 8-10 quality full faces an hour and more fast half faces but please do not expect the artist to stay longer to accommodate more children than stated on the contract.
- The face painter/artist may be able to work longer but this is at the discretion of the face painter/artist. Please be aware they may have additional bookings to go to.
Exact time or Overtime -
‘Exact time’ means the customer and I both know that painting stops at X o’clock and anyone who wants to be painted better be in line before that time comes. I will watch the time and warn the customer 15 to 20 minutes before the time is up so they know the painters will be packing up soon. I suggest the party host makes a last call and arrange a guard for the end of the line so no one ends up coming at the last minute and then getting disappointed.
When ‘Pay Overtime’ is chosen the host agrees to pay for additional time in half hour intervals, time rounded up to the nearest half hour, the final cut off time to be determined by the host at the event – a pay as you go option. We offer a 25% discount on this additional time (we are already set up and it allows for a few more happy customers) but we stress at the time of booking that this time is available only if we don’t have another party booked behind them so they need to make sure they book the time they know they will need and the overtime option is there to cover the unexpected and the spur-of-the-moment add-ons.